Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snack Time: Kale Chips

Mr. S and I went out last night to celebrate my birthday. There was a little too much tequila involved, I'm not going to deny it.

So here I am, guzzling water bottles and craving a salty snack. I'm craving that greasy hangover food!

Instead of running through the drive through and grabbing some greasy fries or scarfing a bag of potato chips, I'm making my own healthy alternative to get me back on track. I'm making kale chips!

Recipe below!


Ingredients:
 1 bunch kale
 1 TBSP olive oil
 1 tsp seasoned salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

2. With a knife or kitchen shears, remove the leaves from teh thick stem and tear into bite sized pieces. Washe and thuroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt

 3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, about 10-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment